Sunday, September 25, 2011

Maui Canine Massage Therapist - Judith Catherine Lam

 
A Gratifying Profession




Maui Canine Massage Therapy,  has been an excellent profession to start an entrepreneurship, as my clients demonstrate so much  appreciation!  Therapeutic massage for dogs is somewhat new here on Maui, quite a different response on the mainland, Asia and Europe  where canine massage continue to increase in popularity.


Often when  introducing this alternative health-care for dogs on Maui,  expressions of surprise, questions, and pondering are the responses!  These pauses has given me the opportunity to "talk shop" about my profession as a Certified Canine Massage Therapist.  Interestingly people have always been  receptive to the care of dogs, and have been good and interested listeners with great questions that has helped me learn more about peoples' respect for dogs.  Yes, all contacts have been positive.

My education as a therapeutic massage therapist has been thorough.
It has led me to an inevitable deeper appreciation, respect, and love
for dogs.  My certification was successfully completed and approved
by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB).  In addition, my credentials offer me membership with the highest known organization to  certify an adherence to code principles, The International Association Of Animal Massage Therapists (IAAMT). my protocol "watch-dog"
which keeps me accountable to achieve the ultimate benefits
of canine massage therapy.

Although there are strict codes and techniques to administer canine therapeutic massage,  I tend to make it simpler by making reference to "my purposeful touch." Why? Because therapeutic massages depend not only on physiological/biological knowledge, quick appropriate responses, and excellent assessment reporting, it depends on my inherent compassion, patience, and keen senses to exercise this well-deserving discipline Canine Therapeutic Massage.
This profession an intriguing animal health science, is very dog friendly!




















































No comments:

Post a Comment